PSCockpit software allows you to use different sims with different Plane Model configurations by changing the file .ini when you select a different sim from the Sim dropdown list.
This means that you need to configure your .ini every time for each sim you will be using. If you have configured one .ini with your hardware, to save some time, you can copy the configuration from one .ini to another by making a copy of the already configured file to a new .ini file.
In example, if you have already configured your .ini file for Falcon BMS and you want to save that configuration for DCS World follow this procedure:
1. Exit PSCockpit Software
2. Locate the file PSCkptFalconBMS.ini in your PSCcokpit directory, by default “C:\Program Files (x86)\PSCockpit”
3. Make a copy of it in the same directory.
4. Rename the copy of the file to PSCkptDCSWorld.ini
5. Enter PSCockpit Software
6. Select DCS World from the Sim dropdown list.
Even tough, this is the faster way to keep your configuration for the new sim, you will need to make, at least, some changes in your new configuration, such as:
LAUNCHER, Change Sim, Path and Window Name fields for the new sim:
COMMANDS, change keystrokes as per your new sim:
Once you have the configuration for DCS, in order to extract the data from DCS, follow this procedure:
1. Find the following the files in your PSCockpit directory:
2. Locate your DCS scripts working directory, by default, “\Users\USER\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts” where “USER” is your PC user account name. If there is no script folder, create it.
3. Locate file Export.lua in the DCS script directory and rename to ExportOLD.lua
4. Copy the three .lua files from your PSCockpit directory to your DCS scripts working directory.
5. Locate DCS logs directory, by default, “\Users\USER\Saved Games\DCS\Logs” where “USER” is your PC user account name. If there is no script folder, create it.
6. Run PSCockpit Software and check the DCS logs directory address is correct under Settings page:
You are now ready to use DCS World with PSCockpit. Click on Run. enter DCS World and enjoy!!